Saturday 21 June 2014

'Brave Girl Eating'.

Hiya everyone ♡ Hope your weekend is going well and that you're enjoying summer! Today's post is a book review and here's the book title - Brave Girl Eating.

This book is written by Harriet Brown, where she discusses anorexia nervosa and her experience with it. She talks about her daughters' struggle with the eating disorder and how it influenced the whole family. It's written in a way that makes you feel that you're part of the family and really helps increase knowledge and understanding of the deadly mental illness.

As I've previously said, I deal with anorexia. It has definitely had a huge impact on not only my life, but my family and friends lives too. I am currently in recovery and seriously recommend that anyone with any eating disorder, or any mental illness, to seek help! You are worthy of support and I promise that reaching out for help does NOT make you weak.

I highly recommend that anyone who knows someone with an eating disorder read this book...it explains anorexia (as well as other eating disorders) on a more personal level. It may be quite triggering for ED sufferers themselves to read it, however the writer states that she hasn't included certain details to avoid triggering readers. I have read a fifth of the book and it's helped me view anorexia from the perspective of those close to me. Once again, it might be triggering to some, but I highly recommend it if you think your mindset is healthier or if you want to relate to families/sufferers.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hana ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment