Thursday 15 May 2014

Insecurities

Hiya lovelies,

This post is going to be quite similar to one I wrote previously. I came across a few more poems that I wrote a while back. I tend to write poetry when I feel I want to express something but don't know how to. It sort of helps putting the words on paper and I end up feeling better and often satisfied. My style of writing is quite simple and I know there are so many better writers out there. However, here it is:

"Her eyes sparkled,
They were often full of love.
When she smiled,
She radiated a special kind of light.
It was rare though,
Not because she was miserable,
Nor was she ungrateful.
But she was insecure.
It wasn't for attention,
It wasn't planned or rehearsed.
People would compliment her,
Every now and then,
But she didn't believe them.
She wasn't trying to be awkward,
But she just didn't feel it.
But you know what?
She truly, purely is beautiful."

I think the poem itself is pretty clear! So many of us are so insecure about different features we have. Dealing with insecurities is hard and if I'm completely honest, I still deal with them in a really negative way. I'm not here to try and act like I know what I'm doing. Nor am I going to try and tell you what to do. However, I can try to help :)

Every single person out there deals with some sort of insecurity. Even if they appear confident, chances are - they actually aren't. As humans we pick out our flaws and focus on them. We rarely ever focus on the things we like about ourselves. But if we really think about it...why does our appearance matter so much? You don't need to be society's version of pretty to enjoy things like cycling, travelling and painting. We focus so much on bettering our external appearance, that we forget that what's inside is what truly matters.

I know we've all heard this lots of times, so its meaning is probably losing its value. But, really, people aren't going to hang around you for what you look like. It's hard to believe and remember that. And as I've previously said, I feel like I shouldn't say it as it seems hypocritical...but I do genuinely believe it. It's so difficult to try and see past society's definition of beauty and see that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Therefore, to conclude my little post, I challenge you to name 5 things you like about yourself. They can be physical features or anything else that you admire about yourself.

I hope this was a bit of an eye opener and that it helped anyone who read it.

Lots of love and take care,

Hana.

No comments:

Post a Comment