Friday 9 May 2014

Little Update

Hiya, hope you're doing well and that your week is going well :)

This post is probably going to seem quite informal, however, I feel it needs to be very me, as it's going to be quite honest.

This past week has been quite emotional and difficult. My eating disorder (I'll make a full blog post all about my eating disorder when I feel ready) really overtook my mind - much more than normal. I've felt extra confused, lost and hopeless lately, however today has been more positive so I decided it was time to post again :)

I'm in my second year of university and won't be finishing the semester as I need to seek treatment as soon as I can, before it's too late. My mum, siblings and I are moving back to England next month so hopefully then I'll be posting much more. I also plan on making a YouTube channel sometime this year, but I'm going to be focusing on my blog.

I really feel like I want to be able to help others dealing with mental illnesses, as well as give support and help to anyone who needs it. I don't know what's going to happen within the next year, but I do know that I'll need to try and focus on recovery. Hopefully, I'll also do things I enjoy and be able to regain my freedom and happiness...and I'd like to use this blog to document that. I won't only upload personal day-to-day posts, as I know that's not what everyone wants to read. However, they definitely will be uploaded - so be prepared :P

I'm not expecting to get lots of views to be honest, but if I can help at least one reader, I'll be pleased :) This is starting to sound a bit like my first post. I just want to get the message across that I deal with some issues, as does everyone, and my blog might occasionally reflect that. I also feel quite excited about moving back to England, however, I know recovery won't be easy. As I'm feeling quite positive at the moment, I want to add a little inspiring quote:

"We all have bad days, but one thing is true; no cloud is so dark that the sun can't shine through."
- Miranda Kerr

Everyone deals with problems of some sort. Don't be quick to judge others on their actions as we don't know what they're coping with. When in the depth of our issues, things seem very difficult and upsetting. However, if we stay hopeful and believe that we can get through it, then that will definitely help! It all sounds cliche' and even hypocritical - but, it's true. We go through stages in our lives - the good ones, and then the not so good ones. Our mistakes, illnesses, memories and choices all contribute to the person we become.

So next time you feel upset, know that:

  • It will get better. It might take a while, but it will.
  • Worrying about it too much won't help.
  • One day it'll be a little contribution to who you are.
  • Spending time with people who love you, or even spending time with yourself doing something you love, will help.
  • You can contact me anytime and I'll try to help too (where to find me will be posted below).
This post was a little random, but it was also from the heart...and sort of necessary for me to post. Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to read this.
Take care xoxo
Hana



Tumblr: http://ohhsohana.tumblr.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OhhSoHana
Email: itshanamahmoud13@gmail.com

Find me on Google+ too. I'm also considering making an Instagram too!




No comments:

Post a Comment