Wednesday 25 November 2015

Reclaim Your Heart | Book Review

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening,

Hope your day is going exceptionally well. 

So as I stated in a recent post, I got Yasmin Mogahed's book 'Reclaim Your Heart' and oh my days...it is incredible! I literally limited myself to the number of pages I could read a day because I didn't want to finish it too quickly! Every chapter, page and paragraph got to me; some parts making me both emotional and hopeful.

This book is Yasmin's perspective on her struggles in life - with a spiritual (religious) approach. It explains why and how we should react to issues like loss, sadness and even things that aren't as bad as that! The book opens with a number of comments from readers, thanking Mogahed for her continuous wisdom and way of interpreting what happens in this life. She expresses herself and sends her message to readers in such a graceful way - with beautiful metaphors being used as well as using nature as a way to symbolise human beings and our behaviours. 

I would highly recommend anyone with struggles (let's face it - we all have our issues) read it. It'd also be an excellent read for anyone wanting to convert/revert to Islam; as it shows some true dedication to Islam, no matter what troubles one may will face. 

If you have read this brilliant book, or plan to, let me know what you think! 

P.S. I have a video up with me talking about the book too! 

Find me on YouTube: OhhSoHana


No comments:

Post a Comment